It might seem like an obvious point to labor, but visibility is the cornerstone of any successful marketing strategy. But we don’t just mean greater traffic. We don’t just mean conversions. And we don’t just mean content generation. We mean a visibility that showcases your product line, your product brand and your product story.
Amazon can help you achieve that visibility through one of the most valuable features available for sellers: A+ Content.
But just what is Amazon A+ Content? How do you use it? And why should you evaluate it before launching your Amazon sales strategy?
What Is Amazon A+ Content?
In a nutshell, Amazon A+ Content (formerly known as Enhanced Brand Content) allows sellers to change product descriptions in their branded ASINs by integrating brand narratives, charts, enhanced images, text and even video to better inform potential customers. And customers have responded positively. In fact, a recent poll from Marin Software indicated that 85 percent of advertisers felt Amazon has played a decisive role in their marketing strategy since the feature was first introduced in 2016.
Amazon likes to claim that the A+ Content feature can result in higher conversions and an increase in sales—sometimes by as much as 10 percent. But they’re also notoriously tight-lipped about providing any statistical evidence. So before you consider A+ Content as an Amazon eCommerce solution, just consider the following:
- It’s been estimated that the average consumer can retain 65 percent of information containing a visual element for up to three days, in comparison to only 10 percent of data containing text alone.
- Infographics have been proven to increase web traffic by up to 12 percent.
- Over the past two years, mobile video usage has increased by some 10 million daily viewing minutes.
- 42 percent of marketers count video as their most successful strategy in digital marketing.
- A recent study indicated that viewers spend up to 10 percent more time viewing images online than actually reading text.
Can Amazon provide you with statistical evidence proving A+ Content can increase conversions? Not necessarily. But with the examples given above, can you afford to doubt them?
Who Is Eligible For Amazon A+ Content?
Right now, A+ Content is available only to sellers approved by Amazon’s Brand Registry program as well as emerging sellers using select programs such as Amazon Launchpad. Once approved, you can begin to use A+ features to enhance your product listings in as little as 15 minutes. Perhaps more importantly? Under certain conditions, basic A+ Content solution. And while Amazon does have a paid premium version of A+ Content with an even wider array of features, it’s by invitation only.
How Do I Use Amazon A+ Content?
If you’ve been approved, there are two specific modules available for A+ Content users:
- Self Service: There are four levels to Amazon’s Self Service module for A+ content: Basic, Gold, Silver and Platinum. But for each, you’re expected to provide both content, copy, layout and design yourself. and each comes with a corresponding flat fee.
- Amazon Builds For You: Much like the Self Service module, Amazon Builds For You has the same four tiers of Basic, Gold, Silver and Platinum. It can be up to three times more expensive than Amazon Self Service; but Amazon will optimize layout and design work based on both your content as well as the sales history of similar items.
Content Guidelines For Amazon A+
- Only products not listed on Amazon by another vendor are eligible for A+ Content promotion. At no point can a competitor or product be mentioned by name.
- Much like other listings, Amazon reserves the right to remove or cancel your eligibility for A+ Content for any reason including service complaints, account closure or violation of Amazon’s code of conduct policies.
- Vendors must submit all content required for A+ Content promotions within one month of confirmation of their eligibility.
- A vendor has up to only two business days to edit or update any A+ Content once a listing has gone live.
- A+ Content is limited to five or less product pages per seller.
- All images and text must be original and entirely unique to the A+ platform and must depict the product or lifestyle activities associated with the product.
- Inclusion of copyright, trademark or registered symbols is prohibited on Amazon A+.
- Customer reviews and testimonials may be grounds for rejection for Amazon A+ standards, as are unverified claims and time sensitive promotions.
- A+ Content has not been verified to boost SERP and will not be indexed specially as a result.