One of the more common dilemmas for any Amazon seller is a question of predictability. It’s not just sales predictions you’re concerned with. Predictability in shipping times. Seasonal interest. And the predictability of your inventory tracking and performance.
Amazon Seller Central doesn’t necessarily make it much easier for you. Making mass changes to your product listings requires some fairly time intensive manual uploading—time you don’t necessarily have to spare remembering search terms, bullet points and descriptions.
Fortunately, there’s an easier way to keep track of your pertinent product listing information. It’s called Amazon’s Product Listing Report. It allows you to download all the relevant product information you need to make informed inventory listing changes.
If you’re a seasoned Amazon seller, you may have wondered where it went to. It hasn’t necessarily gone away; it’s simply no longer a default feature. But accessing it isn’t quite as difficult as you’d think. In fact, it’s simply a question of customer support.
Steps to Activate Your Amazon Product Listings Report
- Log in to your Seller Central account.
- Select the ‘Help’ tab in the upper right hand corner. Select ‘Contact Us’ from the dropdown.
- Select ‘Your Account > Make changes to your account > Get help with a different account setting issue.’
- Open a ticket with Seller Support, preferably via live chatbot.
- Once your report is active, go to your ‘Inventory Reports’ in Seller Central. Ensure that one of the options includes ‘Category Listings Report.’ It should now be categorized by product.
- You must download a different report for each category if you’re selling in multiple ones.
- The report is only available for 24 hours after activation.
What Information Does A Category Listing Report Contain?
There’s over 100 inventory-critical descriptions contained in Amazon’s Category Listing Report, including:
- Brand name
- Color and color map
- Currency accepted
- Image URLs
- Item Type Keyword(s)
- Key product features
- Manufacturer’s suggested retail price
- Parentage (if any) and relationship
- Product length/height/width and weight
- Product Description
- Product ID
- Product tax code
- Shipping weight and cost
And just about every other relevant piece of information you need to revise or renew your listing.
Color More Lines provides white glove, global account management of your eCommerce platforms so mission-driven companies can focus on new product development, branding and growth strategies. Find out more at Color More Lines.